Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I need help from Norfolk

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gail

Gail Report 8 Apr 2004 19:06

Lakenham Parish Record lookup Hi I am looking for someone who has access to the above records. Thomas Ellis and Mary Artiss got married in Lakenham in 1818. I would be greatful for any information about them or any other Ellis from Lakenham. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks Gail

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 8 Apr 2004 21:34

Hi, Thomas Ellis married Mary Artiss 7.5.1818 FHL Film 1526494 Bye Yvonne

Gail

Gail Report 8 Apr 2004 21:43

Yvonne I am trying to find someone who will look the marriage up in the parish records so that I can get the fathers names. Thanks for your help Gail

Mary

Mary Report 9 Apr 2004 00:22

Hi James, I doubt very much if you will find a fathers name on the marriage certificate at that date. The birth certificate will give it but not the marriage. Try your nearest LDS centre, they will be able to order the film for you. You can then search for about a month and prove me wrong. Mary

Gail

Gail Report 9 Apr 2004 12:52

Hi all, Thanks for your advice. I have now done as Sue suggested and have emailed Norfolk records office. Gail

Deborah

Deborah Report 9 Apr 2004 21:11

Hi James, Have you tried www.genealogy.doun.org/transcriptions Whole site is dedicated to transcriptions of parish registers and census records for Norfolk. Debbie