Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

locating a birth date

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbara

Barbara Report 6 Apr 2004 14:32

I'm trying to find a record of the birth of my great nan her name is rosina loveridge and she was a romany traveller, so i'm not sure if she was registered. I think she was married to george davis, i do know this was her partner my great grandad. They had a son charles smith born 21/11/1917 my grandad and he was registered. How do I go about finding out this information as they moved about a lot, I think she was born around 1890-1895. She also had 16 other children, but thats another thread. Any help would be gratefully received as i'm new to all this.

Geoff

Geoff Report 6 Apr 2004 14:59

These are two births from FreeBMD -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Births Dec 1890 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Loveridge Rosina Loveridge Ampthill 3b 335 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Births Sep 1894 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Loveridge Rosina Clutton 5c 503 Ampthill is in Bedfordshire. Clutton is in Somerset and this was that Rosina's family in 1901 Edwin Loveridge 1 Nailsea Somerset Kingston Seymour Emily Loveridge 1M Kingston Seymour Somerset Kingston Seymour Joseph Loveridge 30 Gloucester Somerset Kingston Seymour Licensed Hawker Rosina Loveridge 6 Somerset Somerset Kingston Seymour Sabina Loveridge 28 Somerset Somerset Kingston Seymour William Loveridge 4 Nailsea Somerset Kingston Seymour

Pat Kendrick

Pat Kendrick Report 6 Apr 2004 15:04

Barbara On the 1901 census there are 2 entries for Rosina Loveridge. 1. Rosina Loveridge age 6 born Somerset Civil Parish Kingston Seymour. 2. Rosina Loveridge age 15 born London Chelsea Civil Parish Paddington. There is also a site I believe for Romany's But I cannot remember what it is called, maybe you could just time Romany genealogy in google. Sorry I cannot help more. Good Luck Pat