Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

gedcom problems

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 5 Apr 2004 14:49

ive just deleted my tree and uploaded a gedcom from my family tree maker i have just noticed that half of the info is missing!! on my family tree maker i have included the places of birth for every entry but now ive uploaded its missing from quite a few names why is this? i know this annoys some people when they are looking at names and no place of birth is entered but honest;ly its not my fault...lol susie

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Apr 2004 15:16

I've had something similar. I have a feeling that when I've only got date/place of christening, rather than birth, that these aren't updated. I cuold be wrong though lol

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 5 Apr 2004 15:23

fanx paul i thought it was just me being me lol looks like weve got to go through the whole lot now and fill in the missing peices lol hubby will have a few hours (or days) peace and quiet!!! he'll think hes gone deaf!!!!! susie

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 5 Apr 2004 15:25

malcolm i wonder why that is? it was fine when i uploaded to gencircles...the mind boggles lol susie