Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Poor results from scanner

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 5 Apr 2004 13:53

My scanner is a Primax, Colorado Direct 9600. I always seem to get poor definition from anything scanned. Am I doing something wrong or is it that my scanner is not up to doing better scans. Roy White

Steven

Steven Report 5 Apr 2004 14:14

What resolution are you scanning at ? Steve.

John

John Report 6 Apr 2004 21:22

I have one of these oldish scanners and it beats the new HP scanner that I use in the office for quality. The software you use may have some impact on the quality of the scan and also as Steve says, the resolution you choose. John

Dave the Tyke

Dave the Tyke Report 7 Apr 2004 10:01

I'm using PSP 5 the freeby version with my primax 9600, most of the time I get good results with a setting of 500 dpi for black and white and 200 for colour. It depends what I want to do with the pics, mostly I just keep them on floppy discs. Occasionally with colour I get a blue overtone on the scanned picture as if some of the hue is missing and I have to reduce the resolution. regards Dave

Mary

Mary Report 7 Apr 2004 11:33

I've got a Lexmark X85 Printer/copier/scanner - brilliant when its working but at the moment its behaving badly. It won't scan to e mail so I have to put stuff into Documents and send it like that. Don't know whats wrong with it and am no computer buff thats for sure. I put a coloured photo onto document and sent that but the result was black and white and unrecognisable. Any tips please ? Mary Brooke Scanner now working - was it something I said ??....Mary

Amie

Amie Report 13 Apr 2004 13:23

I've just got a scanner it brings some old pictures out really well, its a HP scanner 2400 its under £50 as well so not to bad? Amie