Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Birth Certificates

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynn

Lynn Report 1 Apr 2004 22:20

I am very new to family searching and wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction. I would like to be able to get a copy of my Grandfathers birth certificate I have found his details on the 1881 census and have got a copy of his marriage licence, but need his birth to go further. Many thanks Lynn - Northumberland

Geoff

Geoff Report 1 Apr 2004 22:26

See if you can find him on http://freebmd.rootsweb.*com/cgi/search.pl (remove *) If you can find him on there it will give you things you need to order a certificate ie Name Quarter Year District Volume Page If you can give all of that information it is cheaper when it comes to ordering a certificate.

Kevin

Kevin Report 1 Apr 2004 22:35

If you don't find him on Free BMD, which is possible as it is not complete you can look on 1837 online. This is a pay per view site and you need software which you can download from the site to view the pages, if you don't want to pay or down load, put the name on here with area of the country you think he was born and also when. You can work out when from his age on the 1881 census. I will try and find him for you.