Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

why??????

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alison

Alison Report 1 Apr 2004 18:54

please can any1 help me,i've been on other messageboards about this but no-one can help. This is it i was born in 1970 but on my birth certificate i was registered 1971,my parents weren't married at the time of my birth. ali kelly

Kim

Kim Report 1 Apr 2004 18:56

Did they wait till after they were married and then order another birth certificate so it looked o/k amended. Or maybe they just took a long time to get round to registering you for some reason?? KIM

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 1 Apr 2004 19:05

Hi, It is possible to re register the birth of a child if its paerents later married. You will have been rgistered under you mother's maiden name as well, probably. Gwynne

Sheila

Sheila Report 1 Apr 2004 19:19

Hi Alison, Where you born towards the end of 1970, quite ofter people who were born the latter part of the year appear on the jan,feb,mar quarter of the next year. Regards Sheila

Penny

Penny Report 1 Apr 2004 20:15

I re-registered my son who was born in Dec 1993 . Although he already had his fathers surname, when I married his father in 1996 I was able to re-register him showing my new married status. No reason to do it actually as his names were not changing, I just fancied it and thought he would find it a novelty in years to come. On the registers he is actually listed twice now. Its more common apparently when the childs surname changes or if the father didnt sign the original register at birth. Penny

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 1 Apr 2004 21:50

snap our three boys born 1995 (twins) and 1998 births are now registered in 2002, as they were registered under my husbands name when we married in 2002.