Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

certificates

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andrea

Andrea Report 1 Apr 2004 13:46

i would like a marriage cert on great gran and husband but i have no imformation on her husband only a name. they were married around 1915-1916. I asked gran she said they married brixton. I went on 1837.com and found nothing looking for mary ellen edwards married george sayers.

Kim

Kim Report 1 Apr 2004 13:57

You may have to broaden the years of your search . Was the woman previously married? Was the husband known by his middle name? My reltives give me information they think is true .But often it is only what they have been told by someone else , it could have errors. They may have married elsewhere. I think you have to be open minded about it all. My Grandfather according to most family was born in Chichester in 1900 and his birthday was March. I traced him born in 1899 in Eastbourne birthday October.... so always widen your search!He did live in Chichester and his grandfather lived Chichester but some of it obviuosly got mixed up over the years. KIM

Annie

Annie Report 1 Apr 2004 14:37

I agree with Kim *Hi Kim - waves* My family swore blind one ancestor was Cardiff born "bred and dead". I thought I had found him but with both events registered in Swansea, his was a rare name and there was only one of him that I could find. After many arguments I sent for the certs and it surely is himself. Only at that point did his grandson remember that ... long pause ... his grandad was on a camping holiday when he had a heart attack and died - in Swansea ... Families, don't you just love'em. A

Andrea

Andrea Report 1 Apr 2004 22:00

thaks both for your time