Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

coroner reports

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Darren white

Darren white Report 1 Apr 2004 05:36

Does anyone where I could get hold of copy of a coroners inquest? I have been given a copy a newspaper article, reporting on an inquest into the suicide of my gt gt grandad in 1891. it goes into some detail but would like to know abit more about. due to the method of his death I would think there maybe more info somewhere (he stood in front of the Leicester to Nuneaton train!). any ideas? Darren

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 1 Apr 2004 11:04

Phoned West Sussex Record Office this week re. trying to find out the circumstances of a drowning in Arundel in 1923. I was told to write to the relevant coroners office. Once I had received a reply, I could then with that authority, ask the Record Office to release the documents.

Darren white

Darren white Report 1 Apr 2004 12:29

Thanks to both of you will try that. Darren