Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Has the Norfolk 1861 Census Been released...???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

**Dawn O**

**Dawn O** Report 31 Mar 2004 16:26

Hi Folks, Can anyone tell me if the Norfolk 1861 Census has been released, as I am at my wits end trying to find some ancestors and the 1861 seems to be my only hope. If it has not been released, can it be viewed at the General Registry Office, in London or any suggestions will be much appreciated (bearing in mind, I do not live in England)...?? Many THANKS for your time in reading this and HAPPY HUNTING everyone. Regards, Dawn.

Rachel

Rachel Report 31 Mar 2004 16:31

I would have thought that if you contacted the main library in the area, they should have that census there. All UK census have been released up to 1901. Rachel

**Dawn O**

**Dawn O** Report 31 Mar 2004 16:34

Hi Rachel, Many THANKS for your speedy response, I will hunt around for their snail mail address or an e-addy. Thank You. Dawn.

**Dawn O**

**Dawn O** Report 31 Mar 2004 18:52

Hi Chris, I have just seen your message in my 'Contacts' box, did not recieve an e-mail though.....obviously gone off to Planet Zog, like many of mine do.....so frustrating. Have sent you an e-mail......Hope you recieve it and THANKS. Regards, Dawn.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 1 Apr 2004 07:39

Hi Dawn, Have sent you an e-mail,let me know on here if it doesnt arrive. Regards, Liz,in rural Norfolk.

**Dawn O**

**Dawn O** Report 1 Apr 2004 12:32

Hi Liz, Have just read your e-mail, got throu OK. I've just sent on mine to you.....Many THANKS. Regards, Dawn.