Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lille in France

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tina

Tina Report 28 Mar 2004 22:40

Hi All can any one give me any tips on how to find birth records for Lille in France from 1875 onwards and would a french person have had to register anywhere if they came to live in England, i am at a brick wall and i am only as far back as my husbands grandmother so all help greatly appreciated tina

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Mar 2004 22:43

I think you would need to contact the Hotel de Ville in Lille as they should have the records. I dont know for definate but im pretty sure you didnt have to reregister uopn entry to England.

Tina

Tina Report 28 Mar 2004 22:58

thanks Clare I am very new to all of this and i am only going on family stories about the French connection and there is no one left alive who can throw any light on the subject all i have found is a death cert in the english records but it doesnt list place of birth and also no marriage cert so dont even know if she married my husbands grandfather in England or if they legaly married at all. its so confusing tina

Caz

Caz Report 29 Mar 2004 10:10

Christine Don't know if I can be of any help but I don't live that far from Lille. What information do you have? Think the town hall would be the first place to try. If you contact me I could give them a ring and try to find something out. Contact me by my normal mail please - think my sub is about to run out. Carole