Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

does the channel islands come under 1901 census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jayne

Jayne Report 28 Mar 2004 16:35

does any one know if the channel islands (guernsey )come under the 1901 british census ?i am looking for a eleanor jane smith born 1884 but dont know where to start looking thanks .

Annie

Annie Report 28 Mar 2004 16:51

Hi Yes it does, but I don't have a lot of faith in it ... A quick look did not show up an Eleanor Smith so you might have to think of some different spellings as one possibilty. There are 130 female smiths on the 1901 born Guernsey. I had a quick look on the 1891 as well but no joy (Or Eleanors ..). Some Ellens, Nellies etc on both. Good luck Ann

Jayne

Jayne Report 28 Mar 2004 17:28

thanks a lot ann for going to the trouble of looking for me ahh well i have it another brick wall all the joys of researching family history lol once again thank you xx