Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What do I do now?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Debbie

Debbie Report 27 Mar 2004 21:26

Hi A while back I found a brilliant website Whitlock Family Association. and they had loads of different files to open, I opened up one of them to find my great great great grandfather and all of his children and their children. So I sent them an email and today they directed me to another file that dates back to 1640. there must be about 1000 names on there. I have emailed them again to find out can I use this information and add them to my tree. so far all the information I have found is correct. Do you think I should. the thought of having all those names added to my tree makes my knees go all wobbly. Please help Debbie

Chris

Chris Report 27 Mar 2004 21:40

Sounds fantastic Debra - you'll have all those names, dates and places and know exactly what parish registers you have to check to confirm all the details. You'll still have plenty of work to do if you do that. Christine

Debbie

Debbie Report 27 Mar 2004 21:42

Hi Christine Thats the troulbe the names are over all over the country it will be a nightmare, I shall have to get a big rucksack and start South and head North. I just dont know where to start. Thanks for the reply Debbie