Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

coroner's records,london - help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stephen

Stephen Report 27 Mar 2004 13:43

can anybody give me any advice on who i would need to contact for access to records of an inquest into my grandfather's death. the death was in 1934 at the london docks. thanks steve jefferys

Sylvie

Sylvie Report 27 Mar 2004 14:11

You could try the LMA - they have the Coroners Records for London Central from 1930-40. However, you'll need special permission for records within the last 75 years and many records have not survived Sylvie

Janet

Janet Report 28 Mar 2004 10:48

The accident and probably details of coroners report will be in the local newspaper of where it happened. Cotact either the library closest to the place of interest or Colindale newspaper library at Colindale has every newspaper in the country.Look at the Colindale newspaper library online to see what they have. Endorse the fact that there is a 75 year rule on coroners inquest details and only a few are kept. Janet