Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

has anyone got recent electorol role 2002 to 2004

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ibsexy

ibsexy Report 27 Mar 2004 10:30

i have written to a mr roger allen parris at an address which i had from year 2000 electrol role, but it has been returned saying he is no longer there, i think this person is my cousin who i have never met. would be graetful for any help. tiziana

ibsexy

ibsexy Report 27 Mar 2004 11:07

will do. thanks for that.

Gordon

Gordon Report 27 Mar 2004 11:12

Tiziana Check b4usearch site I think the electoral roll there is 2002 Pat

Sheila

Sheila Report 27 Mar 2004 11:33

Hiya, I think b4usearch is still unavailable due to upgrades :o( but if you go on the records boards and ask Rachael Howell, she has the 2003 electoral roll, also Micheal Thursby i know the thread number is 793006, has the 2002 edition, they may be able to help you. Good Luck Sheila

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 27 Mar 2004 12:14

Tiziana. I have the 2003 UK info disk. Its limited to about 30 names return but easy to find all but the most common names. Do you know which county to look in? Bob

Sheila

Sheila Report 27 Mar 2004 12:37

Hi Robert, I,m thinking of buying this disk myself, do you need an area to put in, in order to search the name, i know with the professional version you dont but theres a big difference in price so dont know if its worth it, thanks for your help. Sheila

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 27 Mar 2004 12:55

My disk was a freebie but the full version says " find all the John Smiths in the UK" so is doesn't need area. At £49 it's a bit steep. It's on http://www.192(.)com/ Bob

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 27 Mar 2004 13:05

Just noticed 192 has the 2003 e-role on it. It has various packages. £19.99 for 100 searches. Still a bit steep. Bob

Sheila

Sheila Report 27 Mar 2004 13:30

Hi again Robert, Yes i have seen the price of 192 thats why i was going to buy the disc but the professional version is between 200 and 300 pounds, thats really steep :0) Did you get your version free with a geneology disc i think Racheal did, where did you get it from, as long as i know you dont have to have an area i may plump for that, as b4usearch is constantly being upgraded now and its often a problem to get on. Thanks anyway. Sheila

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 27 Mar 2004 13:40

Sheila, got it free with January's Computer Shopper mag. Tiziana none in west or east sussex. According to 192(.)com and yournotme(.)com there are only 8 or 9 in UK. If I find them I will email. (Got one in Warwick already but its Roger L ) Bob

Sheila

Sheila Report 27 Mar 2004 16:13

Hi Robert, Thanks for the info, trust me to live in Germany and miss out :0( wonder if i can get hold of a back dated issue where did you buy it at a newsagent or computer shop? Good luck with your search Tiziana. Regards Sheila

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 27 Mar 2004 17:51

Shiela Computer Shopper do back issues I think but I can't find my copy and nothing on website. I will have a look in the newsagent A.M. Bob

Sheila

Sheila Report 27 Mar 2004 19:55

Hi Robert, Even if you can let me have the publishers address from you copy so that i would be able to order one that would be great. Thanks ever so much for your help. Regards Sheila

Karen

Karen Report 27 Mar 2004 23:39

Try www.192.com good luck karen

Karen

Karen Report 27 Mar 2004 23:44

will try again....... www.192.com i wrote one nine two dot com... i dont think the dot com comes out on this, please someone help why doesnt it? Is that why you all put brackets in it? Karen

Sheila

Sheila Report 28 Mar 2004 02:36

Hi Karen, If you wish to put www.......(.)com or www........(.)co.uk you have to put brackets around the dot before com or co.uk as genes connected cannot pass messages without this it loses something in sending, and as you quite rightly noticed everyone puts brackets around these words when giving names of web sites...not sure if it must try to connect or to them or something, thats why you often see comments after like dont forget to remove brackets. Hope this helps and also www.b4usearch(.)co.uk lets you do searches on the electoral roll but it is temporarily unavailable, but gives me a good excuse for an example. Regards Sheila P.s. its free and you dont have to subscribe

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 28 Mar 2004 08:53

Just a point on the b4usearch site, I was finding names on the disc that were not on the site, (my brother for one). Hopefully they might have sorted it. Bob