Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

DauL ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susanne

Susanne Report 27 Mar 2004 00:46

Hi Can anyone tell me what DauL means under relationship to head, This persons surname is different to that of the head. Thanks Sue

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 27 Mar 2004 00:49

Hi Sussanne Could it be daughter in Law? Lynda

Crista

Crista Report 27 Mar 2004 00:51

Susanne, I would have thought it meant daughter in law, but it seems odd the surname is different. If you list the whole family here, maybe someone can help. Crista

Susanne

Susanne Report 27 Mar 2004 00:54

Lynda, I should have said that the girl is only 6 years old. The wife is 5 years older than the husband so I wonder if it is what they have called her instead of stepchild. There are 2 other children in the family both with the fathers name aged 2 and 1. Sue

Susanne

Susanne Report 27 Mar 2004 01:00

Crista, Cesus reads: Thomas Blatchley Head M 28 M Jane Blatchley Wife M 33 F Ellen Hayward DauL - 6 F Jane Blatchley Daur - 2 F Rebecca Blatchley Daur - 1 F Sue

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 27 Mar 2004 01:05

Sussanne I have got in my family tree a family who, the head is Taylor and so is the wife, but the children are Hill's (the mother was married before to a Hill) but the children are called sons and daughters of the Head of the family. Could this be the case in your family? is it definatly dauL? or could it be a transcribers error? Lynda

Susanne

Susanne Report 27 Mar 2004 01:10

Lynda, It is off of 1851 FHL disc, transcribed not images so I think it could well be a case of transcriber error. Many thanks to you both fior your suggestions Sue

Crista

Crista Report 27 Mar 2004 01:15

Susanne, If you look at FreeBMD you'll see that Thomas married a Jane Hayward. Crista

cazzabella

cazzabella Report 27 Mar 2004 01:19

Hi Susanne, Stepchildren were very often referred to as sons/daughters in law, and as the girl was only 6 years old, I would think she was the child of her mother's previous marriage. Best wishes, Carole

Susanne

Susanne Report 27 Mar 2004 01:32

Thank you to everyone for your help, it was just one of those things that I had never come across before. Best Wishes Sue