Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

New messages in names summary

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rider9

Rider9 Report 25 Mar 2004 11:58

Looking at the names summary it says '2 new messages' and such like - can't click on it - and then it says click on the surname highlighted in red. None of them are... how do I see these new messages it refers to? My contacts section has never been reliable as I know for a fact that people have emailed me through it and their posts have never arrived. Just wondering how I get to see these new messages. Can anyone advise? Ta Tyne

Cathy at the Top of the Hill

Cathy at the Top of the Hill Report 25 Mar 2004 12:00

Yes I'd like to know the answer to this one too! Cathy

Janet

Janet Report 25 Mar 2004 12:09

In the Names Summary, where it says there is a new message, click on the surname to the left. When the new window opens, scroll down, where it will show the various message boards - history, trying to find and general. You will see which board has the new message, so just click on that and you will be able to read the message. Hope this helps Janet

Lynne

Lynne Report 25 Mar 2004 12:10

Click on new names then click on entire site next to the name you want to see new messages for. HTH

Rider9

Rider9 Report 25 Mar 2004 16:52

Thanks Janet and Lynne!! Problem solved... Cheers Tyne