Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Locating the living in uk

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Mar 2004 11:06

Trying to find out if somebody with a surname is residing within England , can only seem to find sights that will tell you info if you know town where they live , is there such a sight for locating a surname nationally , it isn't a very common surname VAIA

Zoe

Zoe Report 25 Mar 2004 12:56

Deborah If you want to give me the surname I can check the 2002 electoral roles for you

Sheila

Sheila Report 25 Mar 2004 13:17

Hi Zoe, Have you got the uk info disc ( i presume this is the same one as on www.b4usearch, or have you got the professional disc, whereby you dont need an area) sorry to be cheeky and ask but i am considering buying one and the professional disk is lot more eypensive and i dont know if i can justify it.Thanks for your help. Good luck in your search Regards Sheila

Zoe

Zoe Report 25 Mar 2004 13:22

Sheila I don't have the discs at all. I have access to the 192 site at work where - as a subscriber - you can search without a location

Sheila

Sheila Report 25 Mar 2004 14:45

Hi Zoe, Thanks for the information, i have never used 192 as you have to subscribe, i normallly use b4usearch but you do require an area for this, but will certainly consider this if i get stuck. Phil has nudged up the message on the records board for you Debby just checked, have e-mailed her to find out if she can do it without an area myself Thanks for all your help. Sheila