Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Building Family Tree on Genes Connected - marriage

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 25 Mar 2004 10:10

Hi, I hope someone can help or suggest something here. my greatgrandparents on my mothers mother' side were first cousins. How can I link them to the same grandparent on Genes Connected? I don't really want to repeat information that I already have input. Any help gratefully appreciated Julie

Seasons

Seasons Report 25 Mar 2004 10:14

At the moment I think its the only way

Foxyfeline

Foxyfeline Report 25 Mar 2004 12:36

Hi Julie I have exactly the same problem! My Great grandparents were cousins, and another set of GGrandparents were second cousins. I have recently put my tree onto tribal pages as well, and found that I could sort it out on there, but not on here. I found that I had people in twice, and so one set I stopped after the parents, and the other set belongs to the tree. Unfortunately I couldn't manage to get them connected in the way they should be, and I couldn't delete them either! So I have a split tree! Maybe there is a way, but I haven't found it! Lisa

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 25 Mar 2004 12:41

Julie I have the same problem but unfortunately there isn't a way to do it on here yet. Perhaps we should all write to GC suggesting that they sort this problem out as it seems to be a pretty common one. Jeanette

Foxyfeline

Foxyfeline Report 25 Mar 2004 12:55

Julie You know, I'm surprised no one has brought this up before, well if they have, I have never seen it! I knew I couldn't be the only one with cousins marrying in my tree!! Good idea writing to GC, I will! Lisa

Julie

Julie Report 25 Mar 2004 13:41

Hello, I have just sent an email to GC through the help/faq section asking if this is possible - I will let you know what they say, perhaps if a few of us do this, it may "prompt" them to change it in someway so that we can. Julie

Anne

Anne Report 25 Mar 2004 13:43

I sent GC a message last September. They said they were working on it!!!! The subject has been brought up lots of times on here. Anne

Julie

Julie Report 25 Mar 2004 14:28

this is the reply I got Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Unfortunately it is not currently possible to link the same individual so they only appear once in your tree. You will need to add these in as separate individuals. We will be looking into this particular area on the site shortly to see if we can accommodate this. We appreciate your interest in GenesConnected and hope that you continue to enjoy the site. ***************************** I hope they do fix this at some point - it looks like this is something a lot of us have come across.