Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

email problems!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 24 Mar 2004 19:20

is anyone having problems getting outlook express to come up?i keep getting an error,i also had a job getting on to the internet tonight,had to try it a few times before i got connected, everything was working o.k. earlier on. any ideas?? chris.

Unknown

Unknown Report 24 Mar 2004 19:29

Hi, I've just managed to come back on ... not receiving e.mails at all, all day .. but can send them ! ... in fact Internet Explorer had just vanished from my desktop ... I have had to go into Programme Files and send another shortcut to desktop... not sure if I've sorted it ... somethings been wrong all day ... would apppreciate any answers ! the e.mail problem seems to have started after I received a vast amount of e'mails one after the other yesterday .. they have all been cleared .. but nothing has come through since ... and I normally receive at least 10 e.mails aday from family and friends ! Elaine.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 24 Mar 2004 19:33

I have had trouble connecting to the internet both yesterday and today. Then, when I'm on, it stops! - the connection that is, not the trouble!

Mary

Mary Report 24 Mar 2004 20:29

I had trouble getting Outlook Express to come up on Sunday - gpt fed up and switched off ! Later on it came up ok - maybe it was just one of those computer 'blips', but one we could allwell do without. Been enough e mail problems lately. Mary Brooke

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 24 Mar 2004 21:00

hi everyone, i've just come back on,had to go and watch Corrie!! but still had problems connecting! it kept saying a connection was'nt working!!i kept trying,but no joy! so i unplugged my line and plugged in again,after a few more attempts it came on!!!!!!!! still can't get my email tho! can't be a virus cos i have norton installed and i updated it the other day! must be something on the internet. chris.

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 24 Mar 2004 21:22

hi! me again, i've just tried to send an email to someone and i can't!!!! it's really getting on my nerves now,think i'll call it a day and try again tomorrow. chris.