Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HOW DO I ORDER BIRTH CERTIFICATES?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kelly

Kelly Report 24 Mar 2004 10:52

HI CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME...HOW DO I ORDER SOMEONES BIRTH CERTIFICATE ONLINE? CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! AND HOW MUCH DO THEY COST? THANKS

Kevin

Kevin Report 24 Mar 2004 10:59

first you need to get the index reference numbers either from 1837 online or free bmd. then go to the webstie for the Office of National Statistics (put this in to google to find the addy) there is an order form there and it will ask you for the Event (Birth, Marriage, death) the year of the event, the quarter (March, June, September, December) the district eg. Wandsworth, the volume number eg. 1d, and page number eg. 321. and of course the name of the person you want eg. John Smith. it will cost £7:00 and take anything fromm 7 to 14 days to arrive.