Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tips When Signing up for Ancestry US Census Packag

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Crista

Crista Report 24 Mar 2004 00:09

Here's a tip for the US census package if you only want to sign up on a monthly basis.......

Crista

Crista Report 24 Mar 2004 00:10

If you go to the website you will see the following: US Census package, Choose the payment plan best for you. Monthly $19.95 or Annual $99.95 If you chose monthly, the next page says: Annual U.S. Census Images & Indexes Subscription - Billed Monthly for a Grand Total of $12.95 I called up to cancel (you have 7 days to do this) because I wanted a monthly subscription and not a yearly one. They told me they could convert me to the "true monthly plan" for $19.95 per month because I had phoned and this option isn't available online. Isn't that interesting? Crista

Crista

Crista Report 25 Mar 2004 00:36

Here's another tip. If you're thinking of joining Ancestry, it might be worth signing up with OneTel(.)co.uk so you can call Ancestry if need be. When I called I got straight through. Anyway, apart from calls only costing 3 pence a minute to the US, all your other calls will be cheaper too and there are no fees if you select the online billing option. I think calls to mobiles might be slightly more. Crista