Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ask nicely

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joyce

Joyce Report 23 Mar 2004 20:37

I have two photo albums with old relatives in but they have stuck photos in with glue, when you try and take off, vital information is written on the back. oh no!!!!!!!!!please do not use glue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 23 Mar 2004 21:09

How many swear boxes have you filled up already Joyce!! Can imagine the blue air and black n white photos look lovely together!! Maz. XX

Joyce

Joyce Report 23 Mar 2004 21:18

not so many swear boxes maz, its so annoying I have got some lovely OLD photos as well

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 23 Mar 2004 21:45

Joyce, maybe your local museum may be able to advise of a clever way to remove the photos without removing the writing. Or even a record office may know, or a good copy shop or photographer's studio. Worth a try if you think the info is going to be important. Maz. XX

Joyce

Joyce Report 23 Mar 2004 21:58

thanks Maz for that

Oz Mozz

Oz Mozz Report 24 Mar 2004 07:30

Joyce; There is a product available called "Un-Do" it is brilliant for getting things out of albums etc that have been stuck down. Although it look devestating when you first put it on, the photos dry without effect and usually glue free!! In Australia it is available at Scrapbooking stores and Bunnings Hardware Warehouses have it. It isn't cheap but a little goes a very long way. I am never without some in the house as it is great for removing stickers and price labels as well! I have never had a disaster with it yet!! HTH Sonja

Joyce

Joyce Report 24 Mar 2004 15:34

thanks sonya, Ill have a look in shop