Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ever heard of ??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 23 Mar 2004 18:43

Hi, On my gg/grandfathers marriage cert. it says married Clewer residence Clarence Clump, i know this Berkshire, but does any one what Clarence Clump is or was this was in 1865 thanking you Margaret

Geoff

Geoff Report 23 Mar 2004 18:53

This was part of the Electoral register for 1881: Fox, Francis, Clarence clump, houses in immediate succession, 9, Norfolk Terrace, and Clarence clump, Polling District No. 2, Clewer Parish, 878 Irving, George, Clarence clump, house, Clarence clump, Polling District No. 2, Clewer Parish, 982 Dawson, Hem, 1, Clarence clump, house, 1, Clarence clump, Polling District No. 2, Clewer Parish, 845 Street, John, 3, Clarence clump, house, 3, Clarence clump, Polling District No. 2, Clewer Parish, 1145 Payne, Frederick, 4, Clarence clump, house, 4, Clarence clump, Polling District No. 2, Clewer Parish, 1073 Hamilton, William, 5, Clarence clump, house, 5, Clarence clump, Polling District No. 2, Clewer Parish, 924 Attwood, George, 6, Clarence clump, house, 6, Clarence clump, Polling District No. 2, Clewer Parish, 756 Hankin, Henry, 8, Clarence clump, house, 8, Clarence clump, Polling District No. 2, Clewer Parish, 925 Wiley, Richard, Clarence crescent, house, Leigh Street, Polling District No. 1, New Windsor Parish, 460 You will find it all here: http://www.thamesweb.*co.uk/windsorpeople/addresssort1881.html (remove *)

Annie

Annie Report 23 Mar 2004 18:53

I think it's the name of a street Have you looked at the above website? http://www.thamesweb(.)co(.)uk/windsorpeople/addresssort1881(.)html Seems quite a lot of people lived there .. Ann

Annie

Annie Report 23 Mar 2004 18:54

Snap! Geoff .. Ann

Geoff

Geoff Report 23 Mar 2004 18:58

The power of Google! I'm surprised more people don't use it.

Margaretfinch

Margaretfinch Report 23 Mar 2004 19:14

Hi Thank you very much both of you I will get the hang of computers one day sorry to have troubled you Margaret