Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What's going on with familysearch

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 22 Mar 2004 21:27

Not only can you not search individual census', it now no longer shows relationships in the household.

Rick

Rick Report 22 Mar 2004 21:30

Siobhan - see Tricia's thread. Rick.

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 22 Mar 2004 21:34

Rick, I have seen that thread, but there is no mention, that it does not show relationships anymore.

Judith

Judith Report 22 Mar 2004 21:37

I've tried to use it several times today, and it seems totally unpredictable - one time I couldn't persuade it to go to British census at all, another time I got there, but like you got no relationships listed but yet another visit got all the info I wanted.

CelticShiv

CelticShiv Report 22 Mar 2004 21:38

They must be doing some kind of update, which is affecting the searches.

Rick

Rick Report 22 Mar 2004 21:47

Sorry Siobhan - I just meant that the site's gone wobbly - I'm sure that's the correct tehnical term ! Getting quite a lot of page not found errors too. Rick.

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 22 Mar 2004 22:16

just been on there,sometimes you can get on,sometimes you can;t!!

Penny

Penny Report 22 Mar 2004 22:26

Strange, Have been on site myself tonight a few times and everything fine and working as normal. Can still click on 'household' for the family members/relationships. I have a broadband connection maybe other connections are slow tonight??? penny

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 22 Mar 2004 22:52

Nah Penny!! Its been up the proverbial creek for a couple of days now - either won't give you a choice for which census to search, or it wipes your selections as soon as you make them. Just HOPE they are doing summat good - or mebbe they just have problems .... Maz. XX

Deborah

Deborah Report 23 Mar 2004 10:37

Hi all, Been having the same problems myself. Just been on this morning tho' and everything seems to be A OK!! Get on there quick. Debbie