Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GEDCOM Export facility now added to GC

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Russell

Russell Report 22 Mar 2004 16:16

Just noticed it!

Anna

Anna Report 22 Mar 2004 16:30

and it works too!Ive just exported mine to family tree maker and it was done in seconds! I was in the process of adding all my names to FTM and it has done it all for me,saving loads of time Anna:-)

Rosi

Rosi Report 22 Mar 2004 16:45

Wow! I have delayed using and entering data into my newly purchased Family Historian - hoping against hope that GC would come up with the long promised Gedcom export facility. What an update - I am reluctant to go away on holiday now - can't wait to get home again to try it! Rosi

Anna

Anna Report 22 Mar 2004 18:56

I just exported mine to a new FTM and saved it to a different name as the one I had started adding to,I had only put on about 20 names. Rosi,I replied to you email.Yes it does put the dates and places on when you export it. Next step is to save it to a disk cos knowing my luck,my pc will crash !! Anna

Foxyfeline

Foxyfeline Report 22 Mar 2004 20:35

Just done mine too, worked brilliantly. I have Legacy 5, downloaded it from the net, and had only just started putting names in. I was waiting for this facility to become available, and now I have my whole tree on there! I agree, wow. Lisa

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 22 Mar 2004 22:27

hi ive just exported my tree to the lds free download and i can not believe ive managed to do it, as im quite new to this only 60 names to tree also a novice to computors,dont know how i did it but idid tracy (amazed)