Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

rather rude reply received from Gen Forum

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 22 Mar 2004 08:27

just thought i'd mention this, today i received a rather curt response to a posting i put on the GenForum seeking page. Basically this american lady tells me not to put her on my tree- wasn't intending to anyway as she is nothing to do with my family!! and then proceeds to tell me to inform her where my family originate from so she can check her records, but she doesn't have time to do any searching! I just found her tone rather off esp as i hadn't contacted her- she had responded of her own free will to my little post! won't bother with that site anymore- it's much more friendly here! Julie T:)

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 22 Mar 2004 09:22

julie there's two side to every site and only yesterday i received contact from a very nice man who had put his info on Genforum. None of my names matched his except for the surname and the area. But i mailed him on the off chance... He responded overnight to say he did know my branch and would be included in his next update. He has also asked if i'd like a summary back to 17century. I just have to show where i fit in, which i'll gladlydo. By hom giving a summary i will postive leads to follow. I personally can't thank this gentleman enough. I have been a member of GC for almost a yr and have sent several enquires only to not receive a response. I think Gc is a good site but also think genform has it's plus points. Don't let one sour grape ruin the bunch Shelli

Julie

Julie Report 22 Mar 2004 11:11

Hi Shelley i think i was more shocked cos every other contact i have either made or responded to as been like yours- very friendly and helpful. Still her loss i suppose- wish i sent a more curt response though!