Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

deceased para

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joanne

Joanne Report 22 Mar 2004 07:53

dont know if anyone can help. im trying to find info on my farther who was killed before i was born. he was in the army and was a para. im having great difficulties as i only know his first name, but i do know the year of death and that it was an accident. any clues as to what i can do or who could help me research thanks

Lianne

Lianne Report 22 Mar 2004 09:34

what are his details - perhaps somene can have a look for you lianne

Joanne

Joanne Report 22 Mar 2004 10:04

his name was john, he died between september 1968 and may 1969 he was in the paratroop regiment, and was 25 when he died. not sure how he died but was told it was in an accident. I was born in rochford essex so am assuming he was based in this area. not a lot to go on i know thanks jo

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 22 Mar 2004 15:37

Hi Joanne Try www.parachuteregiment.(co.uk) remove brackets you may be able to get some help there. Also many members of the Paras were in the SAS if they were killed on operations overseas the deaths were put down as training accidents. If this were the case you will not be able to find out very much. Malcolm

Stephen

Stephen Report 30 Mar 2004 08:33

A bit late this, I served in 2 para joining in 1972, but the accident happend 3-4 years earlier. The name doesnt ring any bells but we had 3 battalions so thats a lot of blokes. The people to contact is the Regt museum at. [email protected] or write or call to; Airbourne forces Museum, Browning Barracks, Aldershot, GU11 2BU Tel 01252 349619. You should get all the help you need from them. The regt is one big family and we look after our own. Steve