Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry Tonight?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rosi

Rosi Report 21 Mar 2004 22:37

Is anyone else having a prob. getting 'in' (or is it 'on'?) Ancestry.co.uk tonight? It all just grinds to a halt- and I get nowhere. Thought I was on a roll, and had just started to 'pick at' someone else who inherited from my William Kearns' will, and of whom I hadn't heard a month ago. Anyone know anything about a Robert William Barton - I think (so far) there are 3 generations of him- and he was a 'love em an' leave 'em' type' And does any one know why this machine of mine just cannot spell or punctuate with any accuracy after 10.00pm - when the bottle of dryred (although shared) is down to its dregs?

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Mar 2004 22:44

It's driving me mad! Have given up now. I had seen a few messages on the records board about it. People seem to think they are updating....lets hope so!

Anna

Anna Report 21 Mar 2004 22:46

try going in through the (.)com site,you can still access the english records this way.I havent been able to get on the other one all day Anna

Rosi

Rosi Report 21 Mar 2004 22:53

Thanks Anna and Jo. Am glad it's not just me, and crossed wires (and eyes?). Will put the cork in what remains of the bottle and go to bed methinks. Anuvver go tomorrer! Nite all! Rosi

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Mar 2004 22:59

Hi Rosi, down the bottle then go to bed. Can't leave dregs in a bottle of red! Night. Jo Anna, have done that before but never thought tonight! Am on now!!! Thanks, Jo

Rosi

Rosi Report 21 Mar 2004 23:04

Gulp! Hic! Nunnite! Rosi :)

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Mar 2004 23:14

;)) Sweet dreams hope you dont have a bad head!!!

Rosi

Rosi Report 22 Mar 2004 10:56

Morning! No, my head is ok thanks - and Ancestry seems to be working ok too. Did have to log in again though - maybe I have followed Judy in the States advice and cleared tempy files and cache recently - or maybe it's part of an Ancestry.uk update. Rosi. PS On tea now! Anyone want a cuppa?

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Mar 2004 11:53

Hi Rosi, glad your heads ok! Funny you had to log in again on ancestry so did I.

Rosi

Rosi Report 22 Mar 2004 13:58

Thanks Barry - I knew there must be someone who like repeatedly suffers from the same degenerative condition. Seldom takes effect until after 10.00pm or before the Merlot is at least two thirds empty - does that sound familiar? Thanks Jo too! Am off to Ireland later this week for a few days - the 'virus' will either take a stranglehold while I'm there methinks - or I will be totally cured when I return. I am sure I am beginning to suffer withdrawal from GC symptoms even before I've departed - how sad is that? Rosi

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Mar 2004 15:35

Perhaps the virus could change with the use of "The Black Stuff!" Can't miss out on that when youre in Ireland! Hope you enjoy it.