Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Has anyone ever had one of these??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Trish Devon

Trish Devon Report 21 Mar 2004 12:31

I have just rceived on my email, This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY. YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE. Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed. from the [email protected] I have tried to send off 3 emails just before I received this. But never had one of these before. regards trish

Rick

Rick Report 21 Mar 2004 13:47

Hi Trish, Sounds like a problem with the far-end server, or it could be that your mail provider is on the recipient ISP's blacklist. Rick.

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Mar 2004 19:48

Hi Trish, I've also suffered from this type of message only to find that it is also a way of bringing in the "My Doom" virus! Just check the address for the failure - if it contains a surname you recognise, but not a first name you can almost guarantee it is a virus message. Several weeks ago it completely messed my computer up and I had to reformat - now I have a different anti-virus and it has kept things at bay. Any messages I do not recognise are immediately deleted from the Inbox and the Deleted folders! Better safe than sorry! Sandra

Trish Devon

Trish Devon Report 21 Mar 2004 21:46

Thanks Rick Barry, Sandra, Only just got back in,sorry about not replying sooner, your replies are interesting, but the recipient is known to me having contact with her several times recently. Perhaps It could be a business email address,not sure. Will treat with caution. Thankyou very much for advice. regards trish