Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

email to open or not

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 20 Mar 2004 21:08

hi could someone give me advice,dont mean to sound dumb, received an email with attachment dont recognise who it from tempted to open it just in case its legitamate its from ajthomps.powerup.com (subject)ive found it about you. iknow what i should do ,but i thought id ask for advice thanks tracy

Rick

Rick Report 20 Mar 2004 21:10

Hi Tracy, It's a virus called Netsky.C - delete it !! Rick.

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 20 Mar 2004 21:13

hi rick thanks i think i just needed to be told to delete im not realy dumb thank tracy

Linda from Murton

Linda from Murton Report 21 Mar 2004 23:23

My rule of thumb is if I dont recognize the sender I delete any e-mail without even thinking about opening it. Happy hunting Linda

Violet

Violet Report 23 Mar 2004 06:22

Wish the people who develop these viruses would put their brain power to good use. I get about half a dozen or more through every day. My rule is - if I don't recognize the sender, I don't open it. I delete it.

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 23 Mar 2004 06:32

hi violet i did not have a problem, when i first started, to use a computer but now im seem to be getting something everyday,and they always seem to use a name that could mean something to you in the subject title which gets you thinking is it genuine or not, any with atatchments im not sure of get zapped tracy