Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

contacts

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elspeth

Elspeth Report 20 Mar 2004 12:18

i recently found my cousin using my aunties name and contacted her and it said to add the name as a link to my tree. the tree is in my cousins name but i found it by searching for my aunties name. so to create link do i use my cousins name or my aunties name???

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 20 Mar 2004 12:21

I'm not sure about that one Elspeth. But I think it would be nice to ask either your cousin or aunt if they want to make the link first. Let me know how it goes. I would be really interested as I haven't been fortunate enough to make a link yet:-( Jeanette

Elspeth

Elspeth Report 20 Mar 2004 12:30

i had both in my tree i'm new didnt really know what i was doing! if i'd have known it was going to say that i would have contacted her about her to make things simpler