Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone live in Bolton?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maggie

Maggie Report 20 Mar 2004 07:30

I have just found the address of my Great Great Grandmother its 126 Market Street, Atherton, Lancs. I think thats near Bolton, does anyone out there know if the street still exists and if so are there old houses in it she was living there in 1891? Thanks Maggie

Tracey

Tracey Report 20 Mar 2004 07:52

Hi Maggie, I think the street does still exist but i don't know if there are houses there or not. If you go to www(.)multimap(.)com and type Market Street, Atherton it brings it up. Hope it helps. Tracey

Maggie

Maggie Report 20 Mar 2004 08:02

Thanks Tracy will go and have a look. Maggie

Tracey

Tracey Report 20 Mar 2004 08:24

Maggie, Just typed the address into google and it says 124/126 Market Street, Hindley,Atherton is a pub called The Hindley Arms. Tracey

Maggie

Maggie Report 20 Mar 2004 11:34

Thanks Tracey, Houses are obviously gone, but thanks for telling me about the map site that is really good, going to put all the addresses I have for my rellies and get maps for them all, nice to see where they lived even if the houses not there anymore, also the tip of putting address into google - never thought of that. Thanks again, Maggie

Maggie

Maggie Report 20 Mar 2004 12:34

Hi Tracy, Just in case you come back to read this thread, I put Atherton in Google and came up with their own site with loads of History about Atherton and the people - very interesting when your great great grandparents lived there, thanks again for the tip. Maggie

Tracey

Tracey Report 20 Mar 2004 13:47

Hi Maggie, Good for you! Glad you found my messages useful. Good luck. Tracey

Deborah

Deborah Report 21 Mar 2004 23:02

Hiya Maggie, i live in Bolton & Market st in Atherton is now just a shopping centre, there are no houses at all there anymore and havent been for quite some time.

Maggie

Maggie Report 21 Mar 2004 23:05

Hi Deborah, What about Hampson Street & Bag Lane ? Maggie