Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Local family history society..

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sidami

Sidami Report 19 Mar 2004 13:54

Looking forward to tonight, as I joined the local family history group last year tonight is a workshop night so we can take our own work and have a peep at other people's work, it gives you an idea how to put all your information in order. If you join the group you get monthy meetings and four books a year, you can put your names in these books and anyone that is researching your names can get in touch with you, I have had a lot of feed back from this. I have also joined the Leics group as well but that is a bit too far to go but at least you get the four books a year, I have had feed back from that group as well with people researching my family. So to all you newbies out there this is a good start to your family history, you get so much help with the members. Sue......................

Janet

Janet Report 19 Mar 2004 14:13

You will also have talks about all aspects of FH and the talks always promote discussion and so you learn even more about your roots. You can also talk to others about FH without fear that their eyes will glaze over while you are speaking. In short before very long you become quite expert after listening to others. Join a family history society to learn even more about your ancestors, a very good message! You can also often obtain indexed Census for 1841/51/61/71/91 at a reasonable price(their own county) and enlist the help of their general expertise as well as attending weekend conferences. Janet