Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Old Maps

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 19 Mar 2004 13:24

www.oldmaps. co.uk no longer exists. I used to find this site particularly good for places that no longer exist. Does anyone know of a similar site? Jeanette

Hilary

Hilary Report 19 Mar 2004 13:45

They aren't available to view online but I recommend the old ordnance survey maps from the Godfrey edition. More details on www(.)alangodfreymaps(.)co(.)uk They were very prompt when I ordered some by 'phone and the maps have reprints of other info on. Shame about the old maps website! I checked and it has definately gone - a message posted there confirms.

Geoff

Geoff Report 19 Mar 2004 13:50

You need a hyphen between old and maps; old-maps

Simon

Simon Report 19 Mar 2004 14:15

Yup - old-maps is definitely still there - I used it just now. As people have said, remember the hyphem. Simon

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 19 Mar 2004 14:35

That's the one with the hyphen. Just having a blonde moment. Thanks everyone Jeanette