Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Online 1837 question please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sidami

Sidami Report 18 Mar 2004 21:07

Does it give the age for the above site? I have Joseph Dixon died Dec 1865 7a 399 I know he died Caistor Lincs. but I would really like to know how old he was when he died, I would know when he was born then. Sue

Margaret

Margaret Report 18 Mar 2004 21:13

found site yesterday and traced family. yes it does give age as well as area, entry page number and volume number.

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 18 Mar 2004 21:21

remember that it may only be a guess if the person informing of the death didn't really know how old the deceased was, they guessed. Even a wife may not know exactly how old her husband was Shelli

Janet

Janet Report 18 Mar 2004 23:03

I don't know when they started putting age at death on record, but if its on the 1837 site it will be on the FreeBMD site. If FreeBMD doesn't give age at death, I doubt if it will be on the 1837. Jan.

Sidami

Sidami Report 18 Mar 2004 23:17

Thanks for your information, I found him on FreeBMD but it did not give his age. Sue...........