Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

can i pick someones brains pleeease

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 18 Mar 2004 16:59

my gt gt grandad was born in uley glouc in 1850.i found him in 1851 with his parents,but hes not there in 1861? his wife was born oldbury staffs and their first daughter was born in birmingham in 1878 where was he in 1861 and 1871 and in what county would he have got married in in 1881 they were back in uley glouc i dont know where to look for his marriage,ive tried all three counties but cant find him his name was albert smith!!!! thanx for reading this susie

Rick

Rick Report 18 Mar 2004 17:08

Susie, Do you know his wife's name ? Not Mary Tarlington by any chance ? Rick.

Helen in Kent

Helen in Kent Report 18 Mar 2004 17:11

In some of my families, on census night I've found missing children at their grandparents or with other relatives, whether permanently or just 'sleeping-over' I don't know. Try doing an independant search for the missing child in some of the local addresses. Mine have all been either in the same road or in the next road back-to-back as it were! Good luck.

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 18 Mar 2004 17:23

rick his wife was elizabeth(gawd knows what)!! im really stuck .because i dont know her surname it makes things harder on 1891 and1901 census she says she is born oldbury staffs but on the 1881 its oldbury worcestershire!!! i do wish they would get their facts right lol helen i'll have a look at the glouc 1861 again and see if hes with rellies thankyou for your help susie

Heather

Heather Report 18 Mar 2004 17:26

Hi Susie There is a marriage of Albert Smith to Elizabeth D. Hughes at West Bromwich All Saints in 1875 on the West midlands BMD site. Heather

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 18 Mar 2004 17:29

heather thankyou,i'll have a look i hope its them lol susie

Rick

Rick Report 18 Mar 2004 17:32

Susie, Found these on the IGI: ALBERT SMITH Male Family ------------------------------------------------------------------------Event(s): Birth: Christening: Death: Burial: ------------------------------------------------------------------------Marriages: Spouse: ELIZA SWANN Family Marriage: 24 SEP 1871 All Saints, Birmingham, Warwick, England ALBERT SMITH Male Family ------------------------------------------------------------------------Event(s): Birth: Christening: Death: Burial: ------------------------------------------------------------------------Marriages: Spouse: ELIZABETH ANN GREAVES Family Marriage: 30 DEC 1872 Ombersley, Worcester, England ALBERT EDWARD SMITH Male Family ------------------------------------------------------------------------Event(s): Birth: Christening: Death: Burial: ------------------------------------------------------------------------Marriages: Spouse: ELIZABETH POWELL Family Marriage: 25 DEC 1875 Saint Thomas, Birmingham, Warwick, England Hope it helps, Rick.

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 18 Mar 2004 17:39

rick thanx ever so much i had seen them ones but didnt know if in them days they had to get married in the wifes parish of birth by the way,you dont happen to know if oldbury is in staffs or worcs do you lol,because elizabeth thingy didnt susie

Heather

Heather Report 18 Mar 2004 17:47

Susie Think I read somewhere that Oldbury was in Shropshire in the 1841 census Heather

Rick

Rick Report 18 Mar 2004 17:50

Susie, I'd vote for Staffs, but it's not uncommon for county boundaries & names to change. I should know as I live in Bristol and that's been in Somerset, Gloucestershire and Avon and is now a Citt & County in its own right ! Rick.

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 18 Mar 2004 17:51

heather dont do this to me please!!! lol so thats 3 counties ive now got to try and find her in...when i find out her surname that is:( anyone got a valium!!!!! rick right so i'll try and find her then first thanks:):) susie

Mary

Mary Report 18 Mar 2004 17:58

Hi Elizabeth Harris married Albert Smith film 1541946 Married 30/04/1873 Great Grimsby Lincolnshire. Husbands father Charles Smith. From B.V.R index. Mary

Heather

Heather Report 18 Mar 2004 18:01

Susie Think you will need a birth certificate of one of the children to find her name. I thought Oldbury was in Worcestershire but for the 1851 census it was in Staffs. My great-gran was from there too. Heather

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 18 Mar 2004 18:07

mary thanks for looking,but alberts dad was thomas from uley gloucs heather i think your right,i'll have to raid hubbys pockets lol susie

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 18 Mar 2004 21:03

val your an angel!!!! i could hug you. its strange but i never thought to look at the neighbours on the 1881,,,durrrrrrr...lol i'll go check it now hugggg susie