Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

STUCK!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kelly

Kelly Report 18 Mar 2004 16:31

HI CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! I AM LOOKING FOR THE PARENTS OF MY GREAT GRANDFATHER! HIS NAME IS GEORGE MATTOCKS BORN IN 1908 AND PASSED AWAY IN 1974. HE MARRIED A LADY NAME ANN MONK (SURNAME UNSURE). I KNOW THAT HE LIVED IN WEDNESBURY (CLASSED AS STAFFORDSHIRE BACK THEN) AND ASSUME THAT HE WAS BORN AROUND THE SAME AREA! SOMEONE HELP...PLEASE!?!?!

Kim

Kim Report 18 Mar 2004 16:40

only one can find on freebmd is George Christopher mattock b sept 1907 11a/259 newport monmouth, bit far away from Staffordshire though! KIM

Kelly

Kelly Report 18 Mar 2004 16:52

Thanks... the surname is also mattocks so i dont think this could be him! do you have any websites, etc that can help me look?

Kim

Kim Report 18 Mar 2004 18:31

your best bet is www.1837online(.)com remove brackets but its pay per view. KIM

Montmorency

Montmorency Report 18 Mar 2004 19:09

slow down -- no point looking for a birth cert if you haven't got enough info to know if it's the right one. Depending what you already know, you might need his marriage or death cert first

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Mar 2004 20:57

Kelly, have you seen the records board? There is a message back to you. Its from a lady called Julia Merley and its on page 3 at the moment, the number of the thread is 655474 to be quick. If you dont know how to do that just change the number on the top of the bar to it. She has looked on 1837 for you. Best wishes, Jo