Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

MERCHANT NAVY WW1

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Helena

Helena Report 18 Mar 2004 11:49

Any tips on how I can find out what happened to my great uncle Arthur Bray. His ship the Clan Matheson was sunk in the Indian Ocean by the imfamous Emden. I know the crew were all taken to Rangoon unharmed, but how on earth can I pick up this thread. The ships bell was sent to auction before I started the family tree, so I would also like to try and trace this. I plan to visit Kew soon, but I find it so hard exporing their catalogues!

shropgirl

shropgirl Report 18 Mar 2004 12:10

Did he come from Cornwall, as I found a web site on a Arthur Bray... Joan

Helena

Helena Report 18 Mar 2004 12:47

Thanks for your reply. Yes, Arthur Bray and family lived in Cornwall/Devon, please tell me more!

shropgirl

shropgirl Report 18 Mar 2004 16:08

I found dont know if its the same Bray family tree http://freespace(.)virgin(.)net/thirdman(.)webmaster/names/bray(.)html Remove the brackets Good Luck Joan