Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

tracing birth parents part 2

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nicola

Nicola Report 17 Mar 2004 18:19

Hi just a follow up from my last message i have found out some more information from my friend who is trying to find her birth mother. Her mums name was Margaret Ruddy she was 21 years old when she gave birth to my friend in August 1979 who she origionally named Ann (her adoptive parents changed her name to Linda Dixon). Margaret came from Count Mayo in Ireland and Linda was born in the Borough of Brent North London, she lived in Cricklewood for a little while after Linda was born. I know this is a long shot but if anyone can help us find her that would be so appreciated as Linda has been searching for several year with no success.

Sheila

Sheila Report 17 Mar 2004 22:56

Hi Nicola, Sent you a second e-mail, can you get back to me on it. May have to check your contacts box or normal e-mails. Best wishes Sheila

MizzyH

MizzyH Report 17 Mar 2004 23:12

Nicola, has your friend contacted NORCAP* in Oxfordshire? They deal with the whole adoption triangle and have frequently matched birth mothers with lost children as they have a register of both. They also provide an intermediary to contact any found relative FIRST, so as not to frighten them off by a direct contact from their child. This usually works very well and is much more likely to have a happy ending than your friend taking things into her own hands, HOWEVER tempting it is to do so when she first finds her mother. Just type NORCAP into Google or Yahoo. They are incredibly helpful people. All the best Mary, Devon * National ORganisation for Counselling Adoptees and Parents.