Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

..also check "View Other Trees" regularly!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 17 Mar 2004 10:50

There is no notification sent when another member opens their tree to you - and since GC took the "other trees" off the home page it can be a while before you find them!!

Olgiza

Olgiza Report 17 Mar 2004 18:14

Hi Maggie. I have "view other trees" on my front page. It is under the "Your Genes" section and is the last item. Do you only have this if other trees are open to you? Roger in East Sussex

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 18 Mar 2004 08:32

Roger, I have the same link that you do, but before GC "improved" the page the list of trees open to you was actually on the home page meaning you saw it every time you logged on without having to remember to look for it. Have had one or two trees creep in without my knowing and lie there for a while before I realised that they were open to me. Have suggested to GC that we get some sort of notification when a tree is opened to us.......