Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Certificates

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Luciacw

Luciacw Report 16 Mar 2004 19:16

Hello, when I get certificates they take three weeks to arrive, if I ordered them from a local register office would they take less time to arrive? Lucia

Debbie

Debbie Report 16 Mar 2004 20:30

I ordered a certificate last Thursday at 4pm and recieved next morning at 8.30am I use the Southampton Registry office quite often and they are so good. Debbie

Sue in Sx

Sue in Sx Report 16 Mar 2004 20:54

You may want to check with them first - some register offices won't supply certs for Fam History - they say they don't have the staff to cope with the demand! Sue

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 16 Mar 2004 21:43

I have ordered certificates from 1837 online several times and I have always received them within 7 days, I don;t know whether this is usual or am I just lucky. Rosemary

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 16 Mar 2004 22:43

it seems to be a few london office that won't deal with family history certs. I have always phoned up and only once have i been asked to write in with a chq, everyother time they send it out to me and i pay by card over the phone. SHelli

Cheshire

Cheshire Report 16 Mar 2004 23:03

Hi Everyone Can anyone tell me where I would find records/get certificates for Ireland 1800 I have just after many months found my ggg/grandfather from County MAYO hIS SON WAS MARRIED IN wEST pORT AND THERE SEEM TO BE LEITRIM CONNECTIONS tRISH

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 17 Mar 2004 07:11

Trish You could try the Leitrim-Roscommon site at w w w leitrim-roscommon(.)com/index.shtml. They have some census records on there which might be useful. Kathleen

Annabel

Annabel Report 17 Mar 2004 10:59

I rang Southport on 2/3/04 and ordered a marriage certificate received it today 17/3/04 in Australia by airmail

Luciacw

Luciacw Report 17 Mar 2004 16:39

Thanks All, I will go and find the phone number of the record office, Lucia