Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Board Etiquette

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Billy

Billy Report 16 Mar 2004 18:48

I have read quite a few posts about 'contacts' not getting though and as I am very new here I was wondering........I have contacted quite a few people in the last week and so far only 2-3 have replied, there is one in particular that I am desperate to hear from, how many days would you give it before second a second e-mail ?? I don't want to appear pushy. Thanks a lot Billy

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 16 Mar 2004 19:02

Hi Billy, welcome to GC. You`ll find a wonderful bunch of people on these boards, always ready to help and advise. I normally give people a couple of weeks before I send another contact, just in case they`re away or just don`t check their mail very often! I know how frustrating it is when they don`t reply, it`s` happened to me a couple of times, don`t` get to disheartened, and don`t` forget to check your contacts in case the email gets "lost". Also, have you tried any surname interest lists? Genuki have them by county ( I found contacts through them). Hope this is of some help, Rebecca

Lynda ~

Lynda ~ Report 16 Mar 2004 19:04

Hi Billy I have sent loads of emails to people thinking there was a connection with my tree, and probably only 10% have ever replied. I can think of a few reasons why people don't reply..... 1. They never get the original email. 2 They put their tree on here and never look again. 3 They only look at the sight once in a blue moon. 4 They have no manners and can't be bothered to reply. Whichever it is, if they are really interested in their research I'm sure if you emailed again after a week, that's more than reasonable I would say. Hope this helps. Lynda