Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Contacts not getting through :-(

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

POSITIVE Pauline

POSITIVE Pauline Report 16 Mar 2004 00:07

Help, I've just been to the "Your Contacts", and in it were 3 contacts that I have not had an email from GC about. I though at first that I had missed them as we have been away for a few days, but nothing there at all in my email in box. Has anybody else experienced this? It could be a reason why some peolpe who are contacted never respond. Does everybody check their contacts box I wonder? Pauline

N

N Report 16 Mar 2004 09:13

Pauline Please see my update on thread 638255

POSITIVE Pauline

POSITIVE Pauline Report 16 Mar 2004 13:14

Thanks for that Nina. I will email them direct as the problem has obviously not gone away. I know it's not been blocked by our Spam filter as I checked to see if any GC messages had been blocked, and there was nothing there. Pauline

Janet

Janet Report 16 Mar 2004 16:00

Hi my touble seems to be the other way round.Im getting email from GC saying i have a contact but when i go to My Contacts its not there.i know i can still read it,but it would be nice to be able to have them handy to reread.Im sure there used to be" You Have A Contact" on the opening page when you loged in. Jan

Rider9

Rider9 Report 16 Mar 2004 18:09

I neither receive an email in my inbox OR a contact email on GC - yet people say they have emailed me! Very unsatisfactory Tyne

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 16 Mar 2004 22:03

I'm quite new to message boards and I forgot that I should check 'your contacts'. I did this yesterday and found that Ethel Andrews had contacted me about 5 days ago, but I hadn't had an email. I apologised when I replied to her contact but I don't know if she would get an email so I'll say sorry again here just in case she reads this.

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 16 Mar 2004 22:10

Cheers Pauline, After reading your msg I thought I really should check mine, and low and behold, there was one I hadn't received, never happened before, so thanks for the prompt!

POSITIVE Pauline

POSITIVE Pauline Report 17 Mar 2004 13:23

Glad to know it's not just me having a problem. I've emailed GC yesterday, but no response as yet. Pauline

Paul

Paul Report 17 Mar 2004 15:14

Happening to me too:-( I have sent contact messages and never received the confirmation message. Others have taken up to three days to register. It can obviously cause a bit of friction when probably both parties are waitng to see if there are connections. Paul

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Mar 2004 15:18

The curse of the failed emails is affecting me now. Last two that I tried to send ended with me getting a blank screen after "sending" - I retried twice too. They're in My Contacts, showing as sent, but didn't get a confirmation email so I guess they didn't. grrrrr

David

David Report 17 Mar 2004 15:35

It has happened (intermittantly) to me too. On one occasion the person trying to contact me turned out to be relative, making it possible for me to add dozens of people to my tree. If I hadn't checked my Contacts that day, I would have missed out on SO MUCH!!!!