Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HOw do I enter cousins that marry??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Martin

Martin Report 15 Mar 2004 23:37

Got cousins that have married in my tree - so their parents ar brothers, and only one set of grandparents - if you get what I mean! Do I have to enter all the anscestors twice or there another way around this? Hope someone can help. Thanks Sam (on Martins PC)

Martin

Martin Report 16 Mar 2004 00:02

Ok thanks Karen, I've entered one cousin - as I had four generations back to enter also, but maybe I'll leave the other one off for now and just enter in the notes! Cheers Sam

Karen

Karen Report 16 Mar 2004 14:46

My friend has this problem with her tree - we didn't know they were cousins (or through which parent they were related) until after they'd been put onto GC. We eventually added the female cousin as spouse to the male cousin - as they carried on the name - but also entered the lady concerned as a daughter to her mother with a note saying 'same person as married to etc'. Very confusing. Hopefully GC will find some way around this! K.