Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WHERE WOULD I GO FOR MANUDEN ESSEX RECORDS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul

Paul Report 12 Mar 2004 16:34

where would i find records for manuden essex can anyone help please paul jennings

BrianW

BrianW Report 12 Mar 2004 16:45

Depends which records, but almost certainly Essex Records Office in Chelmsford. Maybe Colchester as well.

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Mar 2004 16:49

Silly question, but should this be Maunden ?

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 12 Mar 2004 17:33

Have added a reply on the Records Board with ERO details, Rosemary

Chris in London

Chris in London Report 14 Mar 2004 17:49

Manuden is close to Saffron Walden on the Hertfordshire Essex Border. I agree with the Chelmsford but is is worth having a word with the \library at Saffron Walden as they may be able to get hold of the micro fiches for you. Worth noting that the Essex Family History Society in Harlow is thriving - the library there may also hold quite a lot of information. Good luck.