Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find ..................!!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 11 Mar 2004 21:11

I'm looking for Melinda Wade - I found a message on rootsweb linking our families. Unfortunately the message was dated 2000 and my e mail was returned (old address maybe). How can I go about finding this lady ? I've so much information I'd like to share. Mary Brooke

Mary

Mary Report 11 Mar 2004 21:51

Thanks Philip...........I'll give it a go. It just seems such a shame it I can't find her when the info she gives in her mesage matches what I have on my family. Its so frustrating. I know nothing other than the name given on the message. Mary

Mary

Mary Report 11 Mar 2004 22:12

Looked through the Trying to Find lists typing in all names mentioned in the message but there was nothing there from this lady at all. I went all through my names summary and drew a blank there as well. This board was all I could think of. Everyones so helpful it had to be worth a try. Mary

Crista

Crista Report 11 Mar 2004 22:15

Mary, What was her old address? It might be possible to work it out. I can see several addresses for Melinda on Rootsweb and Ancestry. Crista

Mary

Mary Report 12 Mar 2004 09:24

I wish I knew.the message just gave details of the family she was looking for and her name and e mail address. I know her great grandparents came from Rushden Northamptonshire and then emigrated to America so really she could be anywhere. I can only hope............ Mary Her great grandparents were George Freema and Ellen Skinner of Rushden. They had a daughter Frances b.19 Feb 1885 in Rushden who died 8 Aug 1973 in National City San Diego and was buried at Glenabbey Cemetary, Bonita San Diego. The other family she islooking for are Pendered. Ernest married Francis and they moved to America. I'm not sure what happened but he re-married in 1910 to Gladys May. Don't know if thats any help.

Mary

Mary Report 12 Mar 2004 09:42

Crista - her maiden name was Pendered - have sent e mail to you. Mary

Crista

Crista Report 12 Mar 2004 11:39

Mary, Try airseATcox.net Crista

Mary

Mary Report 12 Mar 2004 12:33

Is that AT or @ ? Mary Tried to put in the little A sign and it won't show up but you know what I mean I'm sure.

Mary

Mary Report 12 Mar 2004 15:13

Crista - contact I found on gc names summary had contact with Melinda some time back and thinks she may be living in California - thats where the Pendereds emigrated to. I e mailed the address you gave me and it hasn't been returned so fingers crossed !! Mary

Crista

Crista Report 12 Mar 2004 21:39

Mary, It is the AT symbol. She seems to have posted messages with email addresses that all start with AIRSE with varying domain names. The lastest one I could find was the above. I have tracked her down to the La Mesa in the San Diego area. Her husband is called Dale. Crista

Mary

Mary Report 12 Mar 2004 21:54

That's brilliant - San Diego is where the family emigrated to. I sent an e mail to the address you gave and just hope it gets to her ok. I can't believe it ! This is one part of the family that I never ever thought I'd get anywhere near finding, in fact Mum told me about them only recently. Pure fluke that while browsing through Rootsweb (just for a change) I came across her message. I'll let you know if I make contact with her. If this e mail address doesn't reach her is there any other way of finding her ? Mary Contact I found on names summary on gc gave me this address - [email protected] so I've tried that one too.