Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Records Storage

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Helena

Helena Report 11 Mar 2004 14:27

Sorry, two messages in one day but I am new to this! Any advice on how I should store records such as a 1880 Indenture, wills and fairly stiff folded items such as Mason Lodge certificates. I want to protect them as best as I can.

Pat Kendrick

Pat Kendrick Report 11 Mar 2004 18:21

Helena For the best advice go to your local museum and take your papers they will then advice on the best storage for each sort of paper e.g. parchment. Also wear cotton gloves when handling the papers as our hands contain oils and acids which cause damage. Hope that helps but there are far cleverer folk than me on this site who will give you advice. Pat

David_Vickers

David_Vickers Report 11 Mar 2004 21:17

Helena Might be worth taking a look at www.secol(.)co(.)uk - take out the brackets. This company sells acid-free clear pockets in various sizes for storing photographs, documents, etc, and other archival accessories. David