Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Have any Albury, Surrey ancestors?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 10 Mar 2004 23:59

Years ago my dad copied SOME baptism and burial pages from the parish of Albury, Surrey from 1828 to 1841. Listed below are names from those pages, in case it helps anyone. If you find a name you are interested in, I can give you (for burial pages): name, abode, when buried, age, by whom the ceremony was performed. Baptisms include: when baptized, child's christian name, parents name, abode, quality, trade or profession, and, by whom the ceremony was performed. (Note: Some names may be misspelled as some are hard to read.)

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 11 Mar 2004 00:00

Gillinham....Ives....Humphrey....Legge....Lewer.....Vaus(mine!).... Drummond....Warren....Cole....Shurlock....Ansell Ledger...Harrison...McNeile....Vause....Stovold(?).... Broomer....Bone....Pullen....Humphries....Tunnel....Goodchild....Rooke Potter....Atfield....Lovell....Stovold....Jelly....Cole....Edwards....Vincent Sherlock....Ledger....Humphrey....Redwine....Alexander....Parsons Atfield....May....Edwards....Monre(?)....Vincent....Watson....Hogg....Holt Marsh....Lovel....Baker....Stedman....Chennell....Lambert ....(?)horlay....Kitcherends(?)....Bullen....Franks....Keene(?)....Davis Head/Nead(?)....Dean

Derek

Derek Report 12 Mar 2004 11:33

Hi Lisa, Lewer is not exactly my search area, but would be interested as the name links into my wife's family. There is still some Lewer's in the midlands. Albury was only a stone throw from Bookham in Surrey where Chris was born. Lotsa luv, Derek

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 12 Mar 2004 21:24

Hi Derek: There's just the one entry in 1827: name-Elizabeth Lewer, abode-Albury, when buried-March 11th, age-76 years, by whom the ceremony was performed-Hugh McNeile. Quite a few of the other surnames are repeated on the pages -- makes me wonder if there were few Lewer family members in the area (since there's only the one entry). Bookham is certainly close to Albury (had to look it up)! If you are interested in receiving a copy of the document, I would be glad to send it to you (I THINK I've finally figured out how to scan and send). Hope you're coming along with your searches! Lisa

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 22 Mar 2004 02:42

Nudge in case this could help anyone else