Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Old maps

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol

Carol Report 10 Mar 2004 19:06

Just found a really good site, probably everyone has been using it for ages, i'm a bit slow to catch on! its www(.)old-maps(.) co(.)uk, managed to print off amap of the lane were some of my lot lived in 1881. i really must get out more but i had to share it with someone as my hubbies eyes glazed over when i told him!

Norman

Norman Report 10 Mar 2004 19:45

Just visited the website - message on site informs me that the site is now "defunct" - but is does suggest a useful search for old OS maps Norman

Geoff

Geoff Report 10 Mar 2004 20:04

If you use the URL given above WITH the hyphen, you get to somewhere useful. If you choose not to use the hyphen then you will get nowhere interesting.

Lorna

Lorna Report 10 Mar 2004 20:05

Try www(.)yourmapsonline(.)org(.)uk/mapslinks(.)htm

Norman

Norman Report 10 Mar 2004 23:06

Oops - I forgot to use the hyphen Norman