Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help from Canada

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pamela

Pamela Report 10 Mar 2004 03:14

Hi out there, I live in Canada but all my family still in england and i am finding it hard to get any certificates from this end, one of the programmes that i am into will not let me get any from this end. Also are there any good adoption sites that i can get into from this end. could you e.mail me at [email protected] any help would be appreciated thank you

Sheila

Sheila Report 10 Mar 2004 07:58

Hi Pamela, Have e-mailed you direct. Regards Sheila

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 10 Mar 2004 09:33

Hi Pamela, I had the same problem from here in New Zealand. The easiest way I've found is to print off the forms from www.statistics.gov.uk then fill in and fax it back to them. They have credit card facilties and I've had no problems with them, except it usually takes 3 weeks at least to get your certificate! Patience is required :-)

Amanda

Amanda Report 10 Mar 2004 15:17

Hi Pamela, I too live in Canada (Ontario), all of my research is in the UK as I emigrated here 5 years ago. I have no problem ordering certs, I either send a sterling money including postage which is usually about 7.62 pounds, approx $25.00 cdn to the registrar office in which the bmd event took place, or I have used this online ordering service which is very good, I usually receive my certs in 2-3 weeks. The site is called Research UK, www.gro-certificates(.)com/ this is an online order service where the form is online. You fill in your details including the full ref number of cert which you can find on 1837 online. Once you have done you will receive a confirmation within 48 hrs and then sit back and wait for the post. You don't have to print off or fax etc, it's all very straight forward. Payment is by visa, mastercard or switch. You can order certs for England and Wales from 1837-2001. If you have the full gro ref it costs 9 pounds. If you require a search for any reason, 2 year search 10 pounds 5 year search 12 pounds 10 year search 14 pounds The search includes the cert when found. If you require any cert after 1953, regardless if you have full gro cert or not the cost is 14 pounds. If after searching nothing is found you receive a credit of between 3 and 6 pounds back. Hope this helps.

Teresa In Canada

Teresa In Canada Report 10 Mar 2004 18:24

Hi Pamela; I am in Calgary. I order all my certificates by phone from www.statistics.gov.uk . They accept credit cards and are very promt. I have received my certificates in less than 10 days which I think is amazing considering it can sometimes take that long to get mail from different parts of Canada in that time. There is a 7 hour time difference from Calgary to London, I usually order first thing in the morning here or before I go to bed at 1:00 am.